Dunfermline Athletic

Pars United - Important Supporters' Update

Monday, 4th Nov 2013

04/11/13: Community Interest Company
Further opportunities for fans

Community Interest Company

Pars United Limited (reg. no 438195), the company that owns 93.6% of the shares in DAFC, was finally registered as a Community Interest Company (CIC) on 29 October 2013. As a consequence, it will now be known as Pars United CIC.


For the avoidance of any doubt, the existing 6.4% minority shareholders in DAFC, which total around 100 individuals, will remain with Pars United CIC holding the other 93.6%.

As at today's date, the single biggest shareholder in Pars United CIC is the Pars Supporters' Trust with 24.87%, having contributed £173,085 so far, to "Buy the Pars" and the DAFC youth system in the last few months.To date, exactly 40 Patrons have contributed funds to Pars United CIC with the single biggest individual shareholder being 7.19%.

All of the % shareholdings in Pars United CIC will naturally fluctuate in future, as more equity capital is raised. A number of potential shareholders are still in discussion with Pars United CIC, and the Pars Supporters' Trust will look to increase its shareholding over time.

Further opportunities for fans

Since acquiring DAFC, Pars United CIC has now reduced the minimum shareholding amount to £1,000, to make it more attractive and affordable ultimately for supporters to be included as shareholders in DAFC.

It is also hoped that further supporters who would be interested in sharing in the community ownership of the Stadium, by diluting the existing investors' shareholdings, will come forward.

Any Pars fan who would be interested in acquiring shares in Pars United CIC or sharing in the community ownership of the Stadium should contact parsutd@aol.com to arrange a confidential discussion.

Advertisement :

Views: 2,309
Morton v Dunfermline
Ladbrokes Championship: Saturday 22 September 2018, kick off 3.00pm at Cappielow
Falkirk v Dunfermline
Ladbrokes Championship: Saturday 6 October 2018, kick off 3.00pm at The Falkirk Stadium
  • files/5998_Lifeline.jpg
  • files/website_Ad_1983.jpg
  • files/Dunfermile_280x189px2_3200.jpg
  • files/KiltCompany_280_2285.jpg

To top