Dunfermline Athletic

Fixtures : Falkirk

Tue, 23rd Oct 2018 Kick Off: 14:00

Reserves v Falkirk

Tuesday, 23rd Oct 2018

SPFL Reserve League: 2.00pm kick off at The Falkirk Stadium

- - Hear coach Stevie Crawfords post match thoughts


For this Reserve League derby, Stevie Crawford was able to field a side that included first team squad players Ryan Williamson, Tom Beadling, Kallum Higginbotham, Joe Thomson, Robbie Muirhead and Myles Hippolyte.

Falkirk kicked off but it was their keeper Robbie Mutch who was first into action holding a Higginbotham volley at the back post after Muirhead had delivered a cross from the left.

Both sides had corners before Cammy Gill had to tip away a seventh minute cross from Tommy Robson. Falkirk began to turn up the pressure with Marcus Haber hitting the left upright, McKee hitting a free kick from about 30 yards out narrowly wide of Gill’s goal and Stuart Morrison and then Beadling clearing a Lewis pass into the Pars box.

There was a brief reprieve when Muirhead won a 30th minute free kick. He hit the wall with his effort and the ball was deflected into the hands of the Falkirk keeper. Gregor Jordan made a telling tackle on the edge of his penalty box to dispossess Lewis but Morrison’s challenge five minutes later handed the home side a penalty. Joe McKEE netted from the spot to make it 1-0.

Going behind made the visitors raise their game and for the rest of the half there was a concerted attack to press for an equaliser. Firstly a good run by Williamson earned a corner. Muirhead took it but Morrison’s attempt was blocked and then cleared.

In 31 minutes a Hippolyte cross from the left skimmed off Muirhead’s head and out for a goal kick. Two minutes later Hippolyte’s effort was blocked and next minute he won a free kick midway into the Falkirk half that Muirhead aimed at Jordan in the box but the ball travelled behind the central defender.

Nine minutes from the interval Lewis McCann forced a corner off Russell, Higginbotham fired the ball in but Munro headed away and Muirhead’s follow up was blocked. Little argument though that Falkirk were worthy of their interval lead and Gill had been the busier keeper.

Half time: Falkirk Reserves 1 Dunfermline Reserves 0

There could have been a disastrous start to the second half after a clearance went straight to O’Hara but Gill kept his side in the game with a great save. O’Hara threatened again in 58 minutes when his header hit the post.

There were several attempts to get the equaliser with Muirhead sending in a shot that Russell cleared, Beadling hitting a shot that was too high and then Thomson unable to control a dangerous ball in from Higginbotham.

The best chance to breakthrough fell to Muirhead in 65 minutes when he received a fine pass from Beadling but the keeper blocked the shot. Falkirk kept the Dunfermline defence alert with a McKee shot deflected behind for a 70th minute corner. Muirhead cleared that at the near post and fiVe minutes later O’Hara got close for Falkirk from a slack back pass he sent the ball narrowly wide.

Falkirk scored their second goal in 83 minutes when LEWIS ran on to a through ball and slotted the ball into the far corner of the net. 2-0

Two minutes later from a Muirhead ball into the box Myles HIPPOLYTE pulled one back for the Fifers but it was to end 2-1.

Thomson had an attempt go wide and In the final minute Hippolyte was fouled on edge of box but a free kick was given the other way and an added time shor from Muirhead was blocked to ensure the Bairns a victory that takes them above their opponents in the Reserve League after five fixtures.

FALKIRK: Robbie Mutch: Marky Munro, Tommy Robson, Mark Russell, Scott Harrison, Joe McKee, Kevin O`Hara, Lewis Kidd, Dennon Lewis, Trialist (Cieran Dunne 44), Marcus Haber (Aidan Laverly 71)
SUBS NOT USED: Bret Young, Jason Jarvis, Kyle Mitchell.
SCORERS: McKee (27 pen.), Lewis (83)

DUNFERMLINE: Cammy Gill: Ryan Williamson, Paul Allan, Gregor Jordan, Stuart Morrison, Tom Beadling, Kallum Higginbotham (Brandon Luke 69), Joe Thomson, Lewis McCann, Robbie Muirhead, Myles Hippolyte
SUBS NOT USED: Josh Robertson, Lewis Sawers, Lewis Crosbie, Paul Brown, Craig Burt (GK)
SCORERS: Hippolyte (85)
YELLOW CARD: Beadling (51)

REFEREE: Duncan Smith
WEATHER: Partly Cloudy 14C

NEXT MATCH: Reserve League (home) v Morton, Tuesday 6th November 2018 2.00pm kick off at New Central Park, Kelty.

Views : 3,040

Related Stories

ParsTV Highlights To Follow for First team matches.

Match Photos To Follow.

Advertisement :
  • /files/5998_Lifeline.jpg
  • /files/RHS_Web_Advert_4477.jpg
  • files/CB_Dunfermline_Programme_Ad_300px_v2_9109.jpg
  • /files/youngpars_2016_9593.jpg

To top