Dunfermline Athletic

U20s v Hibernian

Tuesday, 22nd Nov 2016

SPFL Development League at the Oriam Performance Centre (indoor): Jason Cummings (19) 1-0. Oli Shaw (75) 2-0:

- - Listen to John Potters post match thoughts


Hibs kicked off in this Dunfermline`s first indoor match in the SPFL Development League. While the home side included first team squad players like Callum Crane, Marvin Bartley and Jason Cummings, the visitors only had Euan Spark, returning from injury, who could be termed a first team squad player.

The Pars early hopes came from free kicks. After Callum Smith was fouled Robbie Crawford sent over a sixth minute effort that was defended and ten minutes later a Conner Duthie setpiece was headed away before the ball could reach Spark. Dunfermline had a corner two minutes later after a good shot from Smith was beaten away by the Hibs keeper, Patrick Martin.

The corner created the first goal of the afternoon, but for Hibs. CUMMINGS broke away as the Pars corner was defended and the ball played long for the Hibs striker. The 21 year old was through one on one with Cammy Gill and he rounded the keeper to net. 1-0

The Pars attempt to get back on level terms started after Smith won a free kick 27 yards out that Duthie sent narrowly wide. Next it was Hibs who flashed the ball across the face of the Pars goal and then Ben Stirling headed wide at an Alex Harris corner. On the half hour Oli Shaw worked his way past opponents to get keep down the left but he failed to find a green shirt with his cross as Stuart Morrison came to the rescue.

Scott Lochhead released Smith three minutes later, his ball into the box was eventually collected by Crawford but Robbie`s shot was blocked. A Hibs corner came to nothing as Harris pumped the ball through the box.

A good ball from Smith to Horne was then moved on to Spark but when ball came in from right Crawford was unable to get shot away. As half time approached, Gill gathered a Murray cross into the box and then Cummings was caught offside. Harris was causing the visitors some anxiety with his pace down the right but Dunfermline cleared from the corner.

Smith won the ball off Crane in the corner but no one in the box to take advantage of his cross. At the other end Morrison headed away a Bartley cross before Cummings was shown a yellow card for taking out Lochhead midway into the Pars half.

Half time: Hibernian 1 Dunfermline 0

Hibs were first to threaten in the second half, forcing a corner on the right and then firing a shot at Gill. A Pars free kick midway inside the Hibs half allowed Duthie to try and pick out Spark and although he got his head to it Hibs cleared.

Gill out quick to clear Allan`s short pass back before in 52 minutes Duthie fired over a shot from the left that curled just outside of the Hibs back post. Duthie next tried a long ball to Smith but there was no one in the box to capitalise on his cross in.

Morrison cut out a ball intended for Cummings before Spark won a free kick on the right touchline after good play by him. Lochhead`s 59th minute free kick was headed away by Bartley and then Morrison cut out a decent ball in from the Hibs right.

Two minutes later Smith was one on one with the keeper after winning ball off Bartley but keeper blocked with his legs. No luck!

A Hibs corner on right was sent over for a goal kick and next Shaw sent an attempt wide of Gill`s goal. Further Hibs corners followed after Gill saved from Cummings and the keeper saved a header from Ben Stirling at the resultant corner.

The young Pars side was unlucky again when Smith ball to release Lochhead was cut out. Crawford had a shot blocked and then with Reece Duncan`s introduction for Paul Allan Spark moves to centre half to allow the sub to go to right back.

More poor luck followed when Luke`s ball in from the left for Duthie was cut out while at the other end Harris fired a shot high over Gills crossbar before with quarter of an hour remaining, SHAW hit the target with a volley from the the edge of the box into the top right corner, that just sneaking over Gill. 2-0

Evan Horne was unable to get on the end of Duthie cross and then Duncan`s follow up is held by the keeper. A Harris shot was blocked for another corner where Porteous headed high. Shaw`s header from a Harris cross went wide of the Pars goal but in 89th minute SHAW made it three. The Hibs man was first to react to a mistake at the back and calmly slotted away number three.

Unlucky for the youngsters - a couple of mistakes cost them two of the goals but Hibs continued the form that ensures they lead the SPFL Development League.

HIBERNIAN: Patrick Martin, Callum Donaldson, Calum Crane, Ryan Porteous, Ben Stirling, Marvin Bartley (Jack Breen 78), Alex Harris, Scott Martin, Oli Shaw, Innes Murray (Fraser Murray 64), Jason Cummings (Lewis Allan 72)
SUBS NOT USED: Alasdair Smith, Adam Watson, Jamie Gullan.
SCORERS: Cummings (19), Shaw (75, 89)
YELLOW CARD: Cummings (44)

DUNFERMLINE: Cammy Gill, Euan Spark, Paul Allan (Reece Duncan 75), Stuart Morrison, Conner Duthie: Johnny Galloway, Robbie Crawford, Evan Horne, Cammy Smith, Scott Lochhead, Brandon Luke.
SUBS NOT USED: Jack McClair, Owen Andrew
YELLOW CARD: Spark (87)

REFEREE: Kyle Hall

NEXT MATCH: SPFL Development League (home) v Dundee United, Tuesday 29th November, 1.00pm kick off at Kelty

Related Stories

Advertisement :
files/SHOP_WEBSITE_5832.jpgviews: 2,725

To top