Supporters Liaison OfficerWednesday, 3rd May 2017
The appointment of a volunteer Supporter Liaison Officer is the next key step in consolidating the work done to date by Dunfermline Athletic, and creating further opportunities for engagement.
The role of the SLO (Supporter Liaison Officer) is to establish, manage and enhance effective relationships between Dunfermline Athletic FC, Supporters, and other key stakeholders, to improve communication and understanding by all relevant parties.
As a visible point of contact, the role will involve liaison with a variety of individuals and organisations to deliver a positive engagement environment in relation Dunfermline Athletic Football Club, and its partners.
We are passionate about what challenges supporters have on matchdays at East End Park and how we can all improve them.
The role of the SLO:
As of January 2017, the position of SLO is a Scottish FA licensing requirement for Silver and Gold status clubs.
The SLO will be someone who is well known, credible and accepted by fans. He/she will be an employee/volunteer of the club. The SLO will be assisted by a minimum of 2 other supporters.
The role of the SLO (or members of the SLO team) includes:
• Building and maintaining dialogue between supporters and the club itself
• being the main point of contact at the club for supporters
• participation in fan meetings
• liaising with all supporters’ groups and other SLO’s
• being able to explain club statements/decisions to all supporters
• being able to inform the DAFC Board of supporter concerns
• being included in match briefings and security discussions before all games
• being a visible presence in ‘home’ sections of the stadium
• co-ordinating away travel and ticketing arrangements when required
• communicating with fans face-to-face and via social media
• travelling on various supporters’ buses to away games
DAFC Director, Andrew Main is our club’s SLO. He is also Chairman of The Pars Supporters’ Trust. He is assisted by 2 supporters in order to carry out the tasks listed above. The members of the SLO team will report directly to the SLO.
As Andrew is also a DAFC Director this will ensure regular and accurate communication with the DAFC Board of directors.
Your SLO Contacts:
Andrew Main - email@example.com
David Blackburn - firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Walker - email@example.com