Statement: Sign for The Pars!Wednesday, 8th Mar 2017
Dunfermline Athletic Football Club recently held an open auction for supporters to bid on signing for the club ahead of next season, ‘Sign for The Pars’.
The package included:
· Be in an official team photo and have your head and shoulders photo taken
· Sign a one-year contract, with Allan Johnston present
· Take part in a signing photoshoot alongside manager, Allan Johnston
· Have your own squad number*
· Be interviewed then published on dafc.co.uk and on club social media channels
· Be included on the DAFC Official Website under squad profile section
· Included in every home match programme team list
· Receive a first team training shirt with your squad number printed
· Receive a copy of every home programme
· Hospitality for you plus a guest for a match of your choice
*You will also receive a full home kit with your name and number printed. Squad number must be decided with approval from the Football Club.
We launched and opened the bids to all supporters on Friday 17th February 2017 and several bids were received by email. An initial bid of £1000 was received on Friday 17th February and accepted as the highest bid on Friday 3rd March 2017.
The winning bidder was contacted on Thursday 2nd March 2017 and invited to attend the 1885 Business Club Sportsman’s Dinner at the Garvock House Hotel to take part in the live bidding process.
Unfortunately, the highest bidder could not attend on the evening, however was still keen to purchase the unique prize if their bid was the highest. After the auction was carried out, this was indeed still the highest bid.
However, after several attempts to contact the highest bidder, it has been confirmed due to unforeseen circumstances, they no longer wish to be part of the bidding process.
This has unfortunately put the club in a difficult situation. We will re-evaluate how we approach this in terms of a revised bidding in due course.
We thank you for your bids and support in the process and we are hopeful that one Pars fan will live the dream winning this prize in the near future.